As the world is trembling in the face of the new coronavirus, other types of viruses require treatment as well. Computer viruses can also be very dangerous, as you can easily get your device infected if you don’t know how to handle it and access unnecessary pages.
An efficient solution is an antivirus, and choosing the right one can be a very difficult process. That’s why we’re here to help by comparing two of the best antiviruses on the market: BitDefender and Trend Micro Antivirus.
Bitdefender has plenty of useful features designed to handle various types of threats. A vulnerability scanner will search the system for suspect or insecure software. The goal is reducing the risk of a cyber attack. A firewall is also included for extra protection, but it’s not available in the basic Bitdefender Antivirus Plus bundle.
If you’re familiar with the online banking like most people nowadays, Bitdefender can help you in this area as well. The antivirus includes Safepay, its own locked-down browser. Safepay helps you by accessing sensitive websites like those for online banking using a virtual keyboard to protect against keylogging tools. Bitdefender even has its own VPN service to not get into trouble while getting connected to unknown Wi-Fi networks. The antivirus provides 200MB for encrypting your connection.
With Bitdefender, you even have web filtering extensions for blocking suspicious websites. This increases a lot the chances to not get your device infected with malicious software. There are a lot of things to be said about the wonderful benefits of Bitdefender, as it’s a great choice for those willing to stay covered from dangerous software.
Trend Micro Antivirus+
This antivirus is also worth giving it a try, as it offers plenty of advanced features. One efficient way of detect potential threats and even predicting their behavior is the built-in ‘advanced AI learning’.
Trend Micro Antivirus even offers protection against ransomware attacks, perhaps the most dangerous creations of hackers. Trend Micro Maximum Security gathers the features of the other Trend Micro products with extra stuff, like a password manager and protection specifically for mobile phones.
But when it comes to extra features, you’ll need to also look at other Trend Micro antivirus products. Trend Micro Internet Security, for instance, adds social media security features and parental safety. It also offers system analysis and tools for optimization.
Surely price is an important aspect for all of us, and we shouldn’t overlook it in the case of the two antivirus apps mentioned in this article. Bitdefender is very accessible for this area, as it offers affordable prices and even free content. You can choose for the free version that will cover all your devices with mailware protection, or you can choose either one of the following:
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus: with only $5 per month, you’ll take advantage of phishing protection, password manager, file shredder, and ransomware remediation.
- Bitdefender Internet Security: by paying $6.67 per month, you’ll get parental control, webcam protection, a firewall, and file encryption.
- Bitdefender Total Security: it costs $7.42 per month, and it offers device optimizer, it’s multi-platform, and so on.
- Bitdefender Premium Security: this version provides priority support for up to 10 devices and unlimited VPN traffic for a monthly fee of $12.50.
As for Trend Micro Antivirus+, it’s even more affordable, as it offers the following:
- Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security: with only 2.50 per month, you’ll receive ransomware protection, detection for email scams, phishing website protection, and more.
- Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac: with the same amount of money per month as the previous one, this version offers parental controls, social media monitoring,and ransomware protection.
There are other two versions of the Trend Micro antivirus, offering similar features as those above for similar fees.
But perhaps the best way of protecting against malicious software is by being precautious. Regardless of how great an antivirus is, none of them can ever guarantee you 100% protection. Hackers are constantly trying to find new ways of jeopardizing the safety of innocent users.