It is expected that a new Call of Duty Modern Warfare update will be released this week on PC and consoles, and there are many hypotheses and rumors regarding the update’s content.
However, Developers from Infinity Ward have put an end to the wave of speculations by releasing the official patch notes for the new update for the Xbox One and PS4.
These are the official patch notes:
- “Added Cranked (replaces Drop Zone)
- Cabin Fever 24/7 (Shipment, Rust, Shoot House, Hackney Yard, and Hideout)
- Removing Stir Crazy playlist
- Removing Realism Ground War
- Removing Aniyah Palace from Ground War”
The only downside to the new update is that Call of Duty Warzone will receive little to no new content.
Activision revealed that a new operator named Ronin would be introduced.
To access Ronin, fans of the franchise have to get him from the designated bundle from the COD Store. The operator will be launched alongside the Cabin Fever moshpit and Gunfight Trios.
Also, the Cranked Mode will be introduced. It will challenge players to keep eliminating rivals to stay alive and not get blown up. It’s simple – kill an enemy and then kill another one before the timer runs out. If you don’t manage to do that, you get blown up to pieces.
Here are some of the Modern Warfare Playlist changes the new update made:
- “Adding Drop Zone in both core and Hardcore (Removes Deathmatch Domination)
- Adding ‘Stir Crazy’ Playlist – 10v10 playlist with Cranked, Kill Confirmed, Domination, and Hardpoint
- Adding Hardcore ‘Stir Crazy’ Playlist – 10v10 playlist with Kill Confirmed, Cranked, Domination, and Team Deathmatch
- Removing NVG Realism Mosh Pit”
The new update seems to be oriented towards introducing gameplay and playlist changes. Such changes are always welcome so that the experience feels fresh every single time you replay Modern Warfare.