Android is the most popular mobile operating system in the world, outnumbering iOS in the number of users. Also, in comparison with iOS and other older OSs, Android is customizable, and there are dozens of apps and launchers that can make your device look like a new one. In this article, we’ll show you two apps that can change Android icon names on your smartphone’s home screen.
As you may already know, Android automatically adds the icon of a newly installed app on the home screen. The respective icon comes with the name of the app, by default. However, using some specific applications, we can change Android icon names with whatever we want to call them.
Change Android Icon Names With These Straightforward Apps
Quick Shortcut Maker
Quick Shortcut Maker is a simple and easy-to-use application that allows us to change Android icon names. Here’s how to do that:
- Install Quick Shortcut Maker
- Open the applications and check the in-app list of installed apps
- Select a specific app and tap on it
- Once you have tapped on an application, a dialog box will pop up
- Choose the Change the Label option and type in the preferred name for the application
- Tap on OK when you finished
- A Create Option box will appear, and you’ll have to select to show the respective app in the drawer
The Nova Launcher is more than an app. It is, as its name states, a launcher. That means that the application is entirely changing the appearance of your home screen, app menu, and so on. One considerable advantage of the Nova Launcher is the customization that it offers.
With Nova Launcher, we can change almost anything on our Android smartphones. Also, we can change Android icon names with it. Here’s how to do it:
- Install Nova Launcher
- Choose Dark or Light mode
- Select the style of the app drawer and other aesthetic options
- After the setup is done, go to your home screen and long-press on the icon of an app
- A menu will open, showing Remove, Edit, and App Info options
- Tap on Edit and change the app’s name
That’s it! These two applications permit you to change Android icon names.