Counter-Strike Global Offensive has been around for quite a while, having its release in 2012 after Valve developed it. Considered as a worthy successor for the legendary Counter-Strike 1.6, the CS:GO is now receiving its first update after a long while of inactivity in this area.
Valve released the new update only two days ago (May 27), and it brings the players even more reasons to hop into the game and eagerly start competing with each other. Let’s see what the May 2020 update for CS:GO has to offer:
More asynchronous texture requests are allowed per cycle, which allows composites to generate faster on some systems.
- Added an experimental graphics setting called ‘Texture Streaming’ within the video options.
- Optimized shadow culling frustum added for preventing flickering shadows caused by renderable overflow at ultra-wide aspect ratios.
- Adjusted sticker shader for reducing map artifacts on holographic stickers at an angle.
- Added a trailing cache of composite inputs for optimizing composite generation for sequences of similar jobs.
- Optimized texture generation by providing composite textures destined for models that are rendering higher priority within the generation queue.
If you’re among those numerous players that had been complaining about the grenades’ awkward behavior, you must know that the new update corrects the issue. Therefore, grenades are now less likely to phase through doors when the player throws them into an opponent. Also, it has been improved the collision when the grenade bounces near the ground around a player’s feet.
Another worth-mentioning feature that came with the update is that the kill feed now displays players that were killed by C4 explosions.
Personalized lobby screen
Nobody likes to wait, and Valve has thought about those players who are waiting for CS:GO to start while in a queue.
- Added a way for players to change the background scenery from the main menu.
- Better translations allowed by tokens for patches localization UI and split stickers.
- Added proper HTML-escaping in the case of custom inventory item names when there are stickers applying and scraping.
- Added a new Anubis main menu background movie.
- Added Warhammer 40,000 Sticker Capsule that features stickers from the Warhammer 40,000 series.
- Updated Steam libraries and Steamworks SDK to the latest versions released in May 2020.
- If the game fails to connect with local Steam Client, then players have to update their Steam Client by selecting Steam > Check for Steam Client Updates.
The best way of seeing all the new stuff that the May 2020 update brings is to play the game. You can download and play CS:GO for free after getting it from Steam.