Fortnite remains the most popular Battle Royale title on PC and consoles. While the game is fun to play and doesn’t come with lots of bugs and glitches, some users are complaining that Fortnite Battle Royale won’t launch, regardless of what they have tried to do to tackle the issue.
In this article, we’ll show you some workaround solutions to troubleshoot this annoying issue that keeps you away from playing the excellent Battle Royale game on Windows 10.
Fix Fortnite Battle Royale Won’t Launch On Windows 10
Restart your PC
The best solution when it comes to troubleshooting launch issues in Windows apps and games is to reboot your computer. A restart will refresh Windows 10 processes and fix almost any software-related glitches.
Run Fortnite Battle Royale as an Administrator
- Go to Fortnite folder and right-click on FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping, then go to Properties -> Compatibility tab
- Select Run as Administrator and click on Apply
- Follow the same steps for FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping-BE, FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping-EAC, and FortniteLauncher.exe
If this method did not help you fix Fornite Battle Royale won’t launch issue, move to the next solution.
Fix the EasyAntiCheat Service
The EasyAntiCheat Service allows players to enjoy fair Fortnite Battle Royale matches. The Service stops hackers and cheaters from entering battles. When the EasyAntiCheat Service’s files get corrupted for whatever reason, the “Fortnite Battle Royale won’t launch” error might occur.
There is one solution to fix it:
- Go to Start -> Search and type Fortnite, right-click on Fortnite.exe and select Open File Location
- While in the Fortnite folder go to FortniteGame -> Binaries -> Win64 (or Win32) -> EasyAntiCheat
- Right-click on EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe and click on Run as Administrator (confirm that you allow the file to make changes on your PC when the UAC dialog box pops up)
- Once the EasyAntiCheat Service opens up, select Fortnite from the list and click on Repair Service
- When Install Successfully message pops up, you can run Fortnite Battle Royale from its icon on your desktop
If Fortnite Battle Royale won’t launch on Windows 10, even though you’ve tried all the before mentioned solutions, then you should uninstall the game and then reinstall it. This is an ultimate method to fix that issue, but it’s also the most reliable one if nothing else works.