A recent leak claims that Google is getting ready to upgrade Google Duo.
The video chat mobile app was rumored to be launched on Android TV soon. Google confirmed such a thing before the rumor mill started.
According to the company’s statement, Google Duo is coming to Android TVs in the “coming weeks.” It means that we’ll finally be able to use the video chat with our friends and family on a larger display.
But, if you don’t want to wait until Google decides to roll out the new feature, you might want to use the following tips and tricks. Here is what you need to know.
How to Successfully Install Google Duo on Your Android TV
First, make sure your Internet connection can be reliable and download the newest Google Duo APK version from APKMirror. Then, follow these steps:
- After you’ve downloaded the APK version, transfer the file to your Android TV; try using the Send Files to TV app (free, in-app purchases, and more) to wirelessly send the file; or, simply use a thumb drive;
- Install the Solid Explorer app (free, in-app purchases) on your Android TV and open it;
- Go to the Downloads folder and look for the Google Duo APK file;
- Open it and pick the Package Installer option;
- Install it, and you’ll notice Google Duo will be installed in only a couple of seconds on your Android TV;
- Open the app.
If Google Duo doesn’t show up under Installed Apps, you need to go to Settings, access Apps, and click on See all apps; there, you’ll find Google Duo. And if you still can’t find the app, try looking under System Apps.
Google Duo has a sleek call quality on Android TV. You’ll notice how great the video chat experience can be. Until Google officially releases the upgrade, we can always try other methods to bring Google Duo on Android TV.
As our second lead editor, Suzanne Fisher provides guidance on the stories Tech Life reporters cover. She has been instrumental in making sure the content on the site is clear and accurate for our readers. If you see a particularly clever title, you can likely thank Suzanne. Suzanne received a BA and MA from Fordham University.