Kodi is a praised media player that allows users to stream videos, movies, TV shows, and other multimedia stuff, listen to the radio, play live broadcasts, play games, and more.
Amidst all these cool features, Kodi can play almost any type of video format you want, making it the greatest video player. The service comes even with sleek in-built support for subtitles to improve your media experience. If you didn’t try this feature yet, here’s how you can install and add any subtitles in Kodi v18 Leia.
Install the Subtitle Add-On
Some of the websites that you can choose to download Kodi add-ons have tracking pixels. So, make sure to pick a reliable free VPN, if you want to protect your online activity and privacy. Next, follow these steps:
- Go to Kodi and hit the Settings;
- Select the Add-ons feature and click on the Install from repository;
- Then, click on Subtitles;
- You can choose any subtitles add-ons you want; try opensubtitles.org, for example;
- Click on Install and install your desired subtitle add-on.
- Enjoy your content with subtitles!
Enable the Subtitles
Don’t forget to enable the subtitles! If you don’t know how to do it, here’s what you have to do:
- Go to Kodi and access the Settings, then hit the Player Settings icon;
- Click on the Language tab;
- Find Download Services, and change the options to your preferred language, the Default TV Show Service, and the Default Movie Service to opensubtitles.org (if you want).
If you want to use opensubtitles.org, you must create an account. You can have a free account quickly by following only a few steps.
Enable the Automatic Subtitles Using AutoSubs
AutoSubs is one of the most reliable add-ons that allow you to enable automatic subtitles. Here’s what you have to do:
- Go to Settings, look after the Add-ons and the Install from repository options and hit the Subtitles icon;
- Find opensubtiles.org and Install it;
- Go back to Install from repository and click on the Services and the AutoSubs feature;
- Click on the Install, and you’re ready to enjoy a new experience!
For more Kodi working add-ons, check out these!