Default Minecraft skins can get annoying sometimes. Both Alex and Steve skins are incredibly simple, as you get them as soon as you start playing the game. Usually, if you consider your skins a bit dull and want to change them, you need to have the paid version of the title.
However, if you don’t want to go for the paid ones, there is a considerable amount of free skins. Here are the steps you need to take to change your Minecraft skin on both the PC version of the game and Minecraft Pocket Edition.
Change Your Minecraft Skins on PC
- To change the Minecraft skin on PC, follow those guidelines:
- Head over to the official website of the game
- The vast library of skins that appears allows you to pick the one you want (if you want a specific skin, type the search in the bar. If you wish to one of the popular skins, head over to the ‘Top Skins’ section)
- After choosing your favorite skin, click on the ‘Download’ option
- Head over to the Minecraft website, and tap on the three-lined menu at the top right corner of the page
- Click on ‘Profile,’ and ensure you are logged into your account
- Tap on the ‘Select a File’ option, and choose the skin you earlier downloaded from your download folder
- Click on the ‘Open’ option, and then on ‘Upload’ – your character will then feature the skin you chose
Change Your Minecraft Skins in Minecraft Pocket Edition (Mobile)
If you use the Minecraft Pocket Edition version, the process of changing the skin is a bit different. Here is how you do it:
- Navigate to the official website of the game
- Choose a skin that you want to have and download it by tapping on the button at the top right side of the page
- To save the skin, press and hold on the image until a message appears
- Tap on the ‘Save Image’ option
- Open Minecraft PE and tap on the ‘Hanger Icon’
- Click on the blank skin icon that’s next to the default skin option, then on ‘Choose New Skin’
- Select the skin you saved on the device and hit the ‘Confirm’ key – your character now has the new skin you chose
The Bottom Line
With those simple guidelines, you can change the Minecraft skins for characters on both PC and mobile versions of the game. If you found the post helpful, do share it with your fellow Minecraft mates.