While Google Chrome has long been the most popular browser for PCs, Microsoft did an excellent job and brought a tough competitor. No, we’re clearly not talking about the old Internet Explorer, which has been the subject for many jokes and a lot of mocking online. We’re referring to Microsoft Edge. Having about 5 years old, the new browser made by Microsoft is becoming more and more compelling.
Furthermore, you should know that there are many Chrome-type features available in the Edge browser. You can install themes and extensions from Chrome into your Microsoft Edge browser.
How to Customize the Microsoft Edge Browser’s New Page
But how can we personalize the Edge browser in order to make it look more unique and without installing any extra stuff? We can just follow these simple steps:
- Open the Edge browser from your computer.
- Select ‘Settings’ and head for the New page.
- Select the ‘Customize’ button so you can see the links and images.
- Select the ‘Custom’ option.
- Turn on/off the Show quick links option for viewing or hiding your frequently visited websites.
- Turn on/off the Image of the day option for adding or removing the background from new page.
- You can customize your Language and Content option if you wish.
- Select the ‘Like what you see?’ and ‘Not a fan’ option for changing your wallpaper.
- Select the ‘Personalize’ tab from your PC.
- Under the Personalize category, select the ‘Interests’ option. That’s all! The Edge browser should now display content according to your choice.
Feel free to grab Microsoft Edge and try it out since it’s free and available for PC, Android, iOS, Xbox One, and macOS.