Sometimes it is annoying to see all those article suggestions from Chrome. Especially on your mobile phone. If you feel the same, we have a solution for this small issue. We are going to guide through how to stop article suggestions from Chrome on your iOS and Android devices.
Some people like to read the article suggestions; other people find it distracting. Sometimes Google Chrome’s feature can be of good to users. Especially if you want to read the news; however, not everyone feels the same way. If you can put an end to it, why not do it? This feature is not useful for everyone. And this article comes in aid to people who feel that the article suggestion feature is unnecessary.
How To Disable Chrome’s Article Suggestions On iOS And Android
Here are the steps to help you disable Chrome article suggestions on iPhone/iPad:
- Open Chrome in iOS from the home screen.
- Click on the ‘…’ period icon button to access the Chrome options menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Find Article Suggestions in Chrome Settings.
- Change it from On to the OFF position.
- Click on ‘Done’ to exit Settings
Here are the steps to help you disable Chrome article suggestions on Android:
- Open the Chrome app on your Android device.
- Click on the URL tab and enter this code: chrome://flags
- Click on the search bar.
- Next, type in the search bar #enable-ntp-remote-suggestions.
- After, click on the drop-down menu located under the Show Server-Side Suggestions.
- Choose the Disabled option.
- Click on Relaunch Now to apply the changes.
By following these methods, you will disable the article suggestion feature that comes from Google Chrome. All steps are easy to follow and won’t take too much of your time. Plus, if you ever change your mind, you can always change the settings back and enable this feature. Hope you found this article helpful.