A lot of people experience difficulties with Kodi 18 on Fire TV and Firestick, and it’s time to learn how to deal with the situation. The Kodi streaming box is a great tool whether you have something better at your disposal or not, and “Leia” is sometimes used as the codename for version 18 of Kodi.
Updating Kodi to the latest version available is an important process because otherwise, users could have to deal with issues related to connectivity, pairing, streaming, and so on.
In order to update Kodi to its latest 18.5 version, follow these steps:
- Go to the screen of Firestick, Fire TV Cube, or Fire TV Televisions.
- Head to the “Settings” menu and choose “Applications”.
- Head to the “Manage and Install Applications” option.
- Click on Kodi, and you’ll see the current version that you are running.
- While the current stable release of Kodi is 18.5 Leia, you have the ultimate proof that an update is up for grabs.
- Go back to the Firestick/Fire TV televisions/Fire TV Stick home screen.
- Select “settings” and click on “Firestick”.
- Click on “Developer Options”.
- Select “Apps with unknown sources” and enable them.
- Go back to the home screen for Firestick. You will see a search box, and you’ll have to type “downloader” in it. Click the “OK” button with the remote and let the “Downloader” get installed.
- When you see the welcome window, click “OK”.
- Use your remote to click on “OK” and to type the address of Kodi 18.5 that was given to you.
- Click on “GO” and the download shall begin
- Click on “Install” to update Kodi
- After it is installed, click on “Done” and remove the Kodi installations files for freeing up space
- Go back to the Firestick home screen.
- Launch Kodi.
There you go, easy as a walk in the park. Let us know your thoughts about Kodi 18.5 in a comment below!