Do you know you can install and use JioTV on your PC? Here’s how.
JioTV hosts exclusive support for iOS and Android smartphones/tablets. However, there is a way you can install the app and use it on your PC, at absolutely no cost. The procedure basically involves creating a “mobile OS environment” to facilitate the installation.
Follow through this tutorial to get more comprehensive guides on how to install JioTV on PC.
How to install JioTV on your PC
As pointed out earlier, you need a “mobile environment” to install the JioTV app on your PC. Put aptly, an Android emulator is required to install JioTV on PC. And we’ll be recommending BlueStacks and MEmu emulators in this guide.
Method 1: Install via BlueStacks
If BlueStacks is already installed on your PC, you’re good to go; otherwise, proceed with the steps below to install it:
- Download the emulator on your computer.
- Accept the emulator’s “terms and conditions” and click Next.
- Finish the installation, as prompted.
After installing BlueStacks, proceed with the steps below to install and run the JioTV app:
- Launch the emulator, as prompted after installation.
- Open Play Store and configure or sign in with your Google account, as appropriate.
- Input “JioTV” in the searchbar and hit Enter.
- Select the app and Install.
- Open the app and sign in with your Jio credentials.
Note: Ensure you are connected to a Jio-enabled internet network – over Hotspot (Jio-Hotspot) or Wi-Fi (Jio-Fi).
Method 2: Install via MEMU
This is the better option for low-end PCs; BlueStacks is better deployed on mid-end and high-end PCs.
Follow the steps below to install MEMU Player on your PC:
- Install MEMU on your PC.
- Open the emulator and click on the Multiple Instance Manager.
- Select the Create icon and wait for it.
- Launch Google Play in the emulator.
- Search for JioTV and Install
- Start enjoying the app and its numerous TV channels on your PC, for free.
Alternatively, instead of going through the stress of installing an emulator, you can easily use the web-hosted edition. Simply go to the designated website – www.jiotv.com – and start streaming your favorite channels for free, in HD.
Was this helpful?
Carter Wetlaugher is just getting his start as a journalist. Carter attended a technical school while still in high school where he learned a variety of skills, from photography to coding. Apart from being a contributor to the site, Carter also helps Tech Life up and running, he also keeps our social media feeds up-to-date.