Pokemon GO introduced Decoding Porygon, a Special Research, yesterday (September 20). The event will be available from 11 AM to 5 PM local time.
While we can enjoy enhanced Porygon spawns and a brand-new Field Research at no cost, there is also a paid Special Research that some might be interested in pursuing.
The Special Research is called Decoding Porygon, and if you want to find more about the tasks and rewards, here is what you need to know.
All Pokemon GO’s Decoding Porygon Challenges and Rewards
As many of us expect, the Decoding Porygon Special Research puts a massive emphasis on the event’s Gen 6 Pokemon. Players that want to do all of the tasks will be getting a myriad of Porygon and even evolving some of them. And to do so, players will need their Nice and Great Curveball throwing skills. Both types of Throws are part of the September 2020 Porygon Community Day Special Research challenges.
Here are all Pokemon GO Decoding Porygon tasks and cool rewards:
- Power up a Pokemon 10 times (10 Poke Balls);
- Make 5 Nice Throws (Porygon Encounter);
- Catch 15 Porygon (20 Porygon Candy).
Rewards: 1 Incense, Porygon Encounter, and 2,000 Stardust.
- Catch 15 Porygon (1 Upgrade);
- Evolve 3 Porygon (20 Porygon Candy);
- Transfer 10 Pokemon (Porygon2 Encounter).
Rewards: 1 Poffin, 2,000 Stardust, and 1 Incense.
- Evolve 1 Porygon2 (5 Golden Razz Berries);
- Make 3 Great Curveball Throws (20 Porygon Candy);
- Transfer 10 Pokemon (1 Sinnoh Stone).
Rewards: 1 Rocket Radar, 2,000 Stardust, and 1 Incense.
- Claim Reward (1,500 XP);
- Claim Reward (5,000 Stardust);
- Claim Reward (5 Silver Pinap Berries).
Rewards: 3 Rare Candies, 2,000 Stardust, and Porygon-Z Encounter.
Porygon-Z with Tri Attack is undoubtedly the most significant thing for Pokemon GO players, without having bought the Decoding Porygon Special Research. However, the event came with probably the best features so far. Don’t forget to explore them all!
Pokemon GO was launched on iOS and Android devices and is available in select regions.