VidMate is a streaming app for downloading or streaming movies, videos, music and other media contents online from various sites like Facebook, Instagram Twitter, Soundcloud, Tumblr, YouTube, etc. in HD quality.
Vidmate for Windows is yet to be released, but users can enjoy Vidmate on their PC using Android emulator.
PC requirements for installing Vidmate
- Windows OS (7/8/10) or Mac OS
- (NoxPlayer6) Android emulator for Windows PC
- RAM: 4Gb
- HDD Storage: 50Gb
Fix: Downloading and Installing VidMate for PC
- Go to VidMate’s official webpage to download VidMate
- Save the downloaded VidMate installer file on the desktop
- Download any compatible Android emulator on your PC. There are many emulators like Bluestacks, Nox Player, LCDPlayer, Remix OS, etc. but for this tutorial, we will be using the NoxPlayer Android emulator.
- Download and install NoxPlayer on your PC using a web browser of your choice
- You may have to deactivate your antivirus software before running NoxPlayer on your PC.
- Open the antivirus app on your PC
- Go to the antivirus settings
- Search for ‘self-protection.’
- Toggle off the self-protection button. (QuickHeal antivirus)
- A new installation window opens up after completing Noxplayer installation
- Agree to the Noxplayer’s T&Cs and click on ‘Install’ to start the installation process
- NoxPlayer launches automatically after completing the installation.
- You may choose to ‘Skip Tutorial’ and start using NoxPlayer.
- Click on the ‘Home’ icon at the bottom-left of the NoxPlayer
- Click the ‘add apk file’ icon in the toolbar at the extreme-right of the NoxPlayer app page
- Click on the ‘Desktop’ icon in the file explorer and select the VidMate file
- Click on ‘Open’ on the file explorer to start installing VidMate on NoxPlayer
- Alternatively, right-click on Vidmate (from desktop) and select Install with Noxplayer’
- Launch VD from Noxplayer after completing the installation
- You can visit YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, etc. by clicking on the globe icon at the top-right in Vidmate
- Select your preferred site from the bookmarks, E.g. YouTube
- Find any movie of your choice by using YouTube’s search bar
- Click on the download icon at the bottom-right of YouTube page to download your desired video
- Choose a video format and HD quality for your video. You can rename your video.
- To keep track of your download process, click on the download icon at the top-right
- Downloaded contents are saved in ‘My Files’ directory of Nox player.
Was this helpful?
Carter Wetlaugher is just getting his start as a journalist. Carter attended a technical school while still in high school where he learned a variety of skills, from photography to coding. Apart from being a contributor to the site, Carter also helps Tech Life up and running, he also keeps our social media feeds up-to-date.