Many users are happy with the default, pre-installed video player that comes on their Android devices. However, many multimedia players sport some more exciting features. VLC for Android is one of those. Now, VLC For Android 3.2.0 rolled out with some fixes and improvements.
About VLC for Android Video Player
As we know it from the PC version of the application, VLC is an open-source, cross-platform video player that boasts some useful features that earned it notoriety among users. VLC for Android is also one of the best multimedia players on Google’s OS.
With a rating of 4.4 stars out of 5 on the Google Play Store marketplace, VLC for Android is among the top-rated apps in its category. But, that doesn’t mean that the application is free of bugs and issues. However, the devs, Videolabs, struggles to please everyone, and they frequently update the player with new features and bug fixes.
As for the VLC for Android’s features, we highlight the following:
- Support all video and music formats
- Includes all the necessary codecs
- Supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions
- It comes with support for multi-track audio, subtitles, auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking
- A widget for better control over the app is included in the download
The New VLC For Android 3.2.0 Comes With Bug Fixes And Improvements
Many updates from VLC for Android bring new features. The latest one, however, only comes with some under the hood changes.
As per the official release notes of the VLC for Android 3.2.0 release, the following novelties are available:
- Video: Fix subtitles lost on multitasking
- Fix media loading & page refresh, and it could sometimes fail
- Miscellaneous crash fixes
- Chrome OS:
- Prevent video playback to be stopped on laptop <-> tablet modes switch
- Disable volume/brightness touch gestures
- Leave video player when device is shut down
- Fix vtt subtitles rendering
- Updated youtube lua scripts
The new VLC for Android 3.2.0 update is available to download on Google Play Store.